Celebrate with us this Saint Patrick's Day with a 4-course take-out meal made by FoCo Cafe's, Chef Michelle! Enjoy seasonal and locally sourced food with a Saint Patrick's Day twist! Pick up your food…Read More
The FoCo Cafe is a non-profit restaurant located near downtown Fort Collins. Our model of operation and service is unique as customers can pay what it takes ($4), pay the full price ($12), or volunteer in exchange for a meal. Daily menu selections are made primarily using fresh, locally grown ingredients, and funded by the donations of patrons donating for their meals. FoCo Cafe’s mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay while using mostly local, organic, and sustainably grown ingredients.
The FoCo Cafe desires to source locally and sustainably as much as possible. While this is not always possible, we are always trying to improve our local sourcing through seeking local donations and partners for meals.
FoCo Cafe: Food Donation Guidelines
The below information is taken from the Food Bank for Larimer County donation guidelines
What we can safely accept
- Whole, fresh produce
- Cut fresh produce packed separately in food-grade packaging
- Prepared foods chilled to 41˚F maximum that have not been served or placed on a buffet
- Chilled perishable packaged foods such as juice and cheese in their original packaging
- Meat, poultry, chilled to 41˚F maximum or frozen
- Dairy products 41˚F maximum to expiration date
- Shelled eggs
- Frozen foods in original packaging
- Baked goods (day-old bread, bagels, and other bakery items)
- Canned and packaged goods in original packaging
- Wild game processed and packaged in a USDA approved facility
What we cannot accept
- Foods that have been served or put on a buffet table
- Foods that have been previously reheated
- Foods that have been kept in the danger temperature zone (40˚F to 140˚F) for more than 2 hours
- Foods with damaged or compromised packaging, resulting in the loss of a sanitary barrier protection
- Any food containing alcohol
- Produce with significant decay
- Frozen foods with severe freezer burn
- Sushi or any seafood intended for raw consumption
- Open, punctured, bulging or seriously damaged canned goods
- Home canned or home jarred products
FoCo Cafe: Food Donation Directions
For donation drop-offs, our hours are 9:00am-2:00pm. For questions regarding donations, please contact Lauren McGee, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting items to be picked up, please contact Chef Michelle Klamm at (970) 682-4649. Please contact Michelle for any food or kitchen related questions at email@example.com.
For other questions about the FoCo Cafe, contact Mallory Garneau, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FoCo Cafe: Location
The FoCo Cafe is located at 225 Maple St. Fort Collins, CO
For more information, visit the FoCo Cafe website at: https://www.fococafe.org. You can find the FoCo Cafe on Facebook and Instagram at @FoCoCafe.